- How do we use your personal data?
We collect your data for the following purposes:
- Processing of membership application including underwriting;
- Billing and collection of fees;
- Processing of claims and reimbursement;
- Generating utilization data/reports;
- Processing of accreditation;
- Processing of employment;
- Processing of medical/health information which is determinative for the assessment of member’s coverage and necessary for the treatment of his/her illness;
- Updating on services and other pertinent information;
- Processing any request made by you;
- Sending promotional information; and
- Complying with the law or requirements of regulating bodies. MediCard reserves the right to collect, use or disclose your personal data if the collection, use or disclosure is required or authorized under any written law
- Who has access to your data?
We never pass on, sell or swap your data to third parties for any purpose outside MediCard. Data that are forwarded to agents, hospitals/clinics, associated companies, or company who is acting on behalf of MediCard are only used to meet MediCard’s commitments to you.
- What are your rights?
You have the right to request for information about your personal data that we hold. If your data is incorrect, incomplete or irrelevant, you can ask to have your information corrected or removed by contacting our email below. You can withdraw your consent to us in using your data, provided that you submit a written notice. However, depending on the circumstances and the nature or extent, the withdrawal of consent may result in MediCard’s inability to provide services to you.
- How do we protect your data?
We have taken physical, technical and administrative measures to protect your data from loss, manipulation, unauthorized access, copying, etc. We restrict access to personal information, maintain technology products, conduct regular vulnerability assessments and securely destroy personal information when no longer needed. We continually adapt our security measures in line with technological progress and developments.
- How long do we keep your data?
We will only keep your data for as long as it is necessary to carry out our services to you or for as long as we are required by law. After this, your personal data will be deleted.
- How do you contact us?
If you have any questions and/or concerns regarding your personal information, please feel free to contact our Data Protection Officer thru email@example.com.